This website and the owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Please read the policy carefully. If you do not agree with it, then please do not use our website.
- Who we are
- Storage of information
- What we use your information for
- With whom we may share your data
- We will not transfer your information outside the EEA
- Contact and Communication
- External Links
- Adverts and Sponsored Links
- Social Media Platforms
- Shortened Links in Social Media
Who we are
Our Company name: Absolutely Mintage Ltd
Unit 20, Holme Grange Craft Village, Heathlands Road, Wokingham, RG40 3AW
Our website address is:
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
- We will use your information to provide you with any further details or information you request when you contact us.
- If (in the future) we provide an online shopping service, we will use your information to fulfil your order. With whom we may share your data
- We will not share your information with any other organisation except in the following circumstances.
- We will give third party providers who supply services to us (for example, as part of hardware or software maintenance), or who process information on our behalf (such as a hosting company) incidental access to your information.
- We will disclose your information to enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings.
- If we provide an online shopping service, any payment details you supply will be passed to our payment provider and your card issuer.
- We will not transfer your information outside the EEA
- The EEA comprises certain countries within Europe (including the EU) which have similar laws on data protection. Other countries outside the EEA may not give the same level of protection to your information.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
- Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
- Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms, and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as telephone or email.
- This website may use social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account. Shortened Links in Social Media
- This website and its owners may share web links to relevant web pages through their social media platform accounts. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs/web addresses.
- Users are advised to take caution and good judgment before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published, many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking, and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
CONTACT & COMMUNICATION
- Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time that it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users completing such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
- This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates, but only if your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process.
- Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Absolutelymintage.co.uk puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
The cookies are not used to identify you personally.
You will normally see a message on the site before we store a cookie on your computer.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
How We Store Your Information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously.
When you provide your personal information to use whilst placing an order online, we ask only for the information required to process and deliver your order. This information is held securely on our website and is accessed only by those who need it to process your order.
Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
When you submit your credit card details to us for an online purchase, we use izettle as our payment merchant and we do not hold any of your payment information directly. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper-based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse.
When making a purchase in our shop using a credit or debit card, your payment information is also processed via izettle, our payment merchant and we do not hold digital records of your card details. We are required to keep a copy of the merchant receipt to provide proof of the transaction to your card provider or bank in the event of a charge-back. We keep these securely, only for the 24 months required and they are then securely destroyed.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential.
ADVERTS AND SPONSORED LINKS
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through advertising partners, who may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
<>pWe may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes outlined in ‘How and why we use your personal data’.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Manufacturers of made to order products such as brushes and fabrics.
- Google, Facebook, Pinterest and AdWords to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. We’ll also use your data to identify other internet users who share similar interests. This is based on your acceptance of cookies on our website. For more information about the cookies we use, please see the section about Cookies . We may also share your personal details, such as your email address with third parties, such as Pinterest, Facebook and Google, for the purposes of targeted online advertising.
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems.
- This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
In order to protect your privacy we will:
- Only provide the information necessary to perform their specific services
- Only use their data for the exact purpose we specify in our contract with them
- Work closely with them to ensure their privacy is respected and protected at all times
Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes:
- We do not share your data with any third parties except with your permission and for the purpose for which it was originally provided.
- Competition entrants have the opportunity to opt in to receive third party communication, but are not automatically enlisted.
- We do not trade, sell or otherwise circulate your data for commercial purposes.
Your details are not shared with any third parties unless you have expressly given your consent to do so.
We do not receive any information about our users from third parties.
How long we retain your data
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide a valuable service to you. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalise it so that we can’t identify you.
For users that register on our website we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
You have certain rights in relation to the information that we have about you, as described below.
You can request to access the information we hold about you. We’ll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
You can ask us to correct your information or delete it, if you are unable to do it yourself.
You can ask us to stop using your information, and opt out of receiving our newsletters or marketing messages and object to us having the information you provided to us sent to another organisation, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it’s technically feasible.
Making A Complaint
Further information about data protection issues including the online Register of Data Controllers can be found at https://ico.org.uk/.